- SmartTag solution is deployed on the SharePoint server/farm & SmartTag feature is activated on the site.
- Site’s Term Set is configured as below with Sample Terms.
- A document library named “Documents” contains two columns of type Managed Metadata namely ‘Corporate Keywords’ & ‘Legal terms’ which allow multiple values. Corporate Keywords column is mapped to Corporate Terms term set & Legal Terms column
is mapped to Legal Terms term set.
- Document library is SmartTag enabled & SmartTag Settings are configured properly for these two columns as shown below:
- A document is added in the document library by using OOTB SharePoint 2010 interface (Add document link). Once the document is uploaded to the library, the pop up for additional details appears as shown below:
As highlighted, the two fields,Corporate Keywords &Legal terms are auto populated as per the Term Set & SmartTag configuration!
1. If any of the term in the Corporate Terms set, are present at least once(relevance set to 1) in first 1000 words of the uploaded document, the document is tagged by that term.
So if Corporate Terms set contains a term ‘Customer’ & the uploaded document contains a line saying “All
Customer Purchase Orders are subject to below mentioned terms and conditions” in first 1000 words; since the word Customer occurs at least once in first 1000 words, the document is tagged with ‘Customer’.
2. Similarly if any of the term in the Legal Terms set, are present at least once(relevance set to 1) in first 500 words of the uploaded document, the document is tagged by that term.
So if the Legal Terms set contains a term ‘Acceptance’ & the uploaded document contains a line saying “Acceptance of Purchase Orders is….” in first 500 words; since the word Acceptance occurs at least once in first 500 words, the document
is tagged with ‘Acceptance’.
So yes, it works!! Yaayyyy :)