Following are the installation instructions for SmartTag
Installation Through Command Line
For installing SmartTag on SharePoint 2010 using command line, following are the steps
- Copy “SmartTag.wsp” file in directory e.g. “C:\SmartTag”
- Start “SharePoint 2010 Management Shell”
- Type command “stsadm –o addsolution –filename C:\SmartTag\SmartTag.wsp”
- Deploy soultion on required sites using command “stsadm –o deploysolution –name SmartTag.wsp –immediate –allowGacDeployment –url <url of your site>”
- Once you deploy the solution, activate feature SmartTag using command “stsadm –o activatefeature –name SmartTag –url <url of your site>”
- This will activate “SmartTag” feature on your site. After completing installation you should be able to see “SmartTag settings” option available inside “Document Library Settings –> General Settings Group”
After completing all above steps you can start configuring SmartTag for document libraries on your site.
Configuration section for more information.